To promote the stewardship of natural resources through leadership, education, and technical assistance for all resource users and to engender a trusted relationship between the District and these users.
The Northern Neck Soil & Water Conservation District is one of 47 local government entities across Virginia whose mission it is to promote soil and water conservation and protection of natural resources.
Current District activities and responsibilities include:
- Education on nonpoint source pollution and agricultural, industrial, and residential Best Management Practices
- Management of nonpoint source pollution abatement cost-share programs
- Participation in management and planning for watersheds (such as Tributary Strategies for the Rappahannock and Potomac Rivers)
- Technical support to local governments
- Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Greenvale Creek TMDL Septic Pump out funding
- Household Hazardous Waste events
- Pollution/Shoreline cleanup events
Kathy Clarke, District Operations Manager
804-313-9102, Ext 101