Mitigate climate change and establish a stable climate through education and legislation so that our children and grandchildren will be able to lead fruitful lives in a friendly climate similar to that the current generation enjoys.
The Citizens Climate Education (CCE) organization is the non-profit 501 (c)(3) relative of the Citizens Climate Lobby, (CCL). CCE/CCL is an international organization with over 200 chapters, mostly in the U.S. and Canada. The latter actively lobbies Congress ( and the Canadian Parliament) to pass Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation to mitigate climate change and influence movement away from fossil fuels to renewable fuels.
The CCE arm focuses on climate education to explain to the general public the science of global warming and climate change, the impacts and the suite of solutions. The local CCE/CCL group was established as an outgrowth of NAPS, the Northumberland Association of Progressive Stewardship and many members belong to both groups. Climate change is like the gorilla in the room, it impacts the efforts of all the other environmental or “green” organizations of NNCES. CCE is organized to provide data and information to assist the NNCES organizations in achieving their missions.
- Impacts of sea level rise on the Northern Neck
- Impacts of climate change on weather events such as hurricanes, heat waves, downpours and flooding, frigid cold
- Solutions to climate change problems in the NNK through adaptation
- Solutions to climate change problems in the NNK through mitigation
- Several tri-fold handouts (Word)
- Booklet “Sustainability in a Time of Excess – the Impact on the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula”, 36 pages (pdf)
- Many Letters to Editors, (Word)
- Summary of study of “Financial Impacts on Households of Carbon Fee and Dividend; local impacts in Virginia District 1”
- Various Letters to Editors and Op Ed pieces related to climate change and the carbon fee and dividend legislation.
Gregory T. Haugan